Friday, February 28, 2020

Music

Hi peeps! So, my partner and I had been thinking for some time about what music to put for the opening credits of the film. With this section, we found, and are still finding some problems because music is a tool that can affect the complete emotion of a scene as it has the ability to set a mood which will lead the audience into thinking one way or another. last class, we were researching music and found out three particular songs which captivated our eyes. These three are:

1. Under pressure: Queen, David Bowie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a01QQZyl-_I

2. Pressure: Billy Joel
https://youtu.be/4QvNft-MxLk

3. Peer pressure: L Devine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrNCIfc_a5M

One thing that all three songs have in common is the theme of being pressured into doing something that the person does not feel comfortable in doing. My partner and I wanted to focus on the lyrics more heavily than with the rhythms, this is why the genres of all three songs are different. These all three songs were copyrighted tho, and since they are under a patent, we had to ask permission from the artists by composing emails asking permission to utilize the songs. Here is the email I composed and sent in class to Vanilla Ice's representative(who owns the copyright to Under Pressure):

Good morning Mr. Quon. We are reaching out to you from Cypress Bay High School, located in Weston, FL. My name is Luis Plaz, and I am currently a Senior student erolled in the institution. It turns out that I, alongside a partner called Ana Cubeddu, are working in developing a project for our Cambridge program, which will aid us in obtaining a scholarship in our desired university. The project consists of developing an introduction to a film. We tought the song, Under Pressure by David Bowie and Queens was the perfect fit for the music incorporated alongsode with the opening film. It is exactly what we were looking for. I t comes to our knowledge that Vanilla Ice currntly withholds the copyrights of the song. We wantde to make a request to utilize the song in our media project. I t will be used only for educational purposes. Please reach back to us as soon as possible, we’ll be waiting for your response. We also want to thank you for your time and your consideration for permission,
Best Regards,Luis Plaz.Luisiplaz@gmail.com,(954) 842-0136.


I know that I need approval in order to use their song, but ever since I sent the request, I haven't recieved a response. We'll see how it turns out in a few days and I'll keep you posted on updates we make to our project. Until then, PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment